- Patented refractive lens technology provides the greatest and most consistent distribution of light
- Ergonomically easy to use, reduces glare and provides proper adjustments for users
- Improves productivity
- Reduces eye strains
- Improves worker comfort
- Environmentally friendly
- Technologically advanced high performance LEDS
- Helps earn LEED credits
- Increase space efficiencies with slim profile design
- Reduces ambient light levels by improving task light quality
- No light pooling, no multiple or high contrast shadows
- Reduces energy consumption and increases energy savings
- Five Year Warranty
- Peak light output of 80fc
- Area of illumination (80fc - 20fc), greater than 2’ x 2’ (60cm x 60cm)
- Color temperature 3800k
- Color Rendering Index (CRI) 71 Luminous efficacy 47.5 Lm/W
- Life expectancy 50,000 hours
- Three stage dimmer with single touch adjustment
- Electrical input at full strength 9.39 Watts
- Double extension counterbalanced arm
- Arm extension over 27” (71cm) from fully loaded
- Arm vertical stop
- 2-axis rotation of light head
- Light head can rotate to be parallel to any surface in all arm positions
- Multiple mounting options; Desktop, Bolt Through, C-Clamp, Slatwall, SpaceBeam, SpaceBeam 2 mounts
- Finish options: Platinum, White, Black
Why Task Lighting?
Ambient lighting, such as fluorescent ceiling fixtures, are designed to illuminate large areas and thus use significantly more energy than task lighting which is designed to illuminate the desired area only. While fluorescent ceiling lights have efficiency ratings similar to compact fluorescent lights (CFL) and light-emitting diode (LED) task lights, they use considerably more energy to provide comparable levels of illumination on work surfaces because they are positioned further away. A significant amount of this energy is wasted as it generates heat rather than light, resulting in higher HVAC cooling costs. In addition, the illumination provided by ambient lighting can vary greatly depending on the position of the work surface to light sources such as ceiling fixtures and windows.
Unlike fluorescent lights, LED task lights with dimmers allow individuals to adjust illumination to their desired levels, further reducing energy consumption and increasing LED life. While having a life expectancy of only 6000 hours versus more than 50,000 hours for LEDs, fluorescent lights also employ the use of hazardous materials. Illuminated surfaces appear natural in color under LED light than fluorescent which tends to cast a bluish tint.
Why the Wave LED Task Light?
While LED task lights offer many advantages over CFL lights, such as lower energy costs and longer lifetime, LED light quality can vary greatly, especially with regard to the area of illumination, light pooling, shadows, glare, light contrast ratios and more. The patented refractive lens technology of the wave Light eliminates the shortcomings of other LED lights. While most LED task lights were designed as desk lights and do not integrate well with office furniture systems, the Wave light was designed to meet the most demanding quality and functional standards for the office environment while integrating with virtually any furniture system.